Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I had a blast




Our fall quilt retreat was this past week-end and yes! I had a blast. I just love it when I can eat, sleep and quilt and steadily repeat that over the week-end. Wake up at 5:00 a.m. and head to the sewing machine and a hot cup of Java. No lunches to make, no beds to make, no meals to make, no phones to answer and I could go on and on.

well I did actually get a block of the month block completed and 27 of the 28 blocks I need to complete my Winter Wonderland Quilt....I'm so excited, but I'm home now and yes Life in general has taken over and I have not even finished the one block I have left to do. Will someone please lock my doors and shut my phone off! LOL Only one thing happening on my list tomorrow and that is a much needed haircut and other than that I hope to quilt the day away!! So stay tuned......pictures of the new me and maybe even a quilt top to show you!


Oh ya...I won a door prize this week-end....two charm square packs by Moda..."Spirit". I love them, now to decide what to make from them.



And I forgot I made a Hot Cakes pot holder to match my table runner. Hope to maybe get a few more made before Christmas








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had as much fun at your retreat as I did at mine! Got to love retreat time!
    Bravo! all done but one block. You will have that done in no time. Nice charm packs too! I could suggest a quick and easy quilt pattern for them, but not here. We will be using it for our Feb. retreat so it is a secret.
    Love your cupcake pot holder...good thing it is easy to share patterns and ideas through the internet eh Sis...hint hint.
    All in all a very successful few days!
    p.s. I love the picture of all your blocks scattered on the table.
    p.p.s I'll be watching for the new "do" and the new quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I love secrets...and I will be sure to find a spot in my suitcase for those little charms! I'm so excited to even think that I might be able to put my top together today...i better get at it. but first off I have some copying to do and then email it off....ha ha

    ReplyDelete

always good to hear from fellow bloggers...thanks for your comment